Below is a list of school-wide needs for both ongoing projects and one-time events.
- Adopt-a-Family School-Wide Coordinator - Help make the holidays memorable for families in need by coordinating this school wide program. Responsibilities include providing instruction and communications to class representatives, labeling, numbering and storing donation items according to system, client pick-ups and/or drop-offs and related responsibilities.
- Art Day Committee and Chair - Recruit local artists and volunteers for each classroom. Purchase necessary materials on limited budget. Manage hospitality (breakfast and luncheon) for artists and volunteers, including but not limited to decoration & promotion.
- Art Docent Coordinator - Coordinate lessons and materials needed for classroom art docents. Replenish supplies in Room 13 on a limited budget as necessary.
- Back to School Fair Registration - Recruit volunteers to work back to school fair. Map and assign volunteers at various stations.
- BEF Liaison - Attend Benicia Education Foundation (BEF) Board meetings as the representative from Matthew Turner.
- Disaster Planning and Preparedness
- Fall Social Committee and Chair - Plan, promote and coordinate activity and refreshment areas during fall social on a pre-approved budget.
- Garden - Help with planting, weeding and teaching students about the garden.
- Hospitality - Plan and set up food and drinks for BTS morning, teacher appreciation lunch and other events as budgeted for by PTA.
- Library Aides – work with librarian to help file books, inventory and organize.
- Picture Day Coordinator - assist with organizing. (Receive complimentary picture package.)
- Marquee Board - update the marquee in front of the school with current information.
- Student Directory - coordinate information to be included in the school directory.
- Talent Show Committee and Chair - Traditionally held in January, the Talent show features various MTE students sharing creativity and talents on stage for one night. A wide range of volunteers is needed to help with lighting, coordinating acts, judging and printing programs.
- Used Book Drive - Assist in organizing the used book drive to help support our library programs.
- Yearbook Committee and Chair - Take pictures throughout the year and collect pictures from class representatives. Collaborate on the yearbook layout.