Below is a list of school-wide needs for both ongoing projects and one-time events.
- Hope Packs School-Wide Coordinator - Help make a difference in the lives of foster children by coordinating this school wide program. Responsibilities include providing instruction and communications to class representatives, labeling, numbering and storing donation items according to system, client pick-ups and/or drop-offs and related responsibilities.
- Family Art Night & Art Show- Recruit local artists to showcase their talent and involve families in creating art. Work with a team of volunteers to help display students art and plan the Family Art Night activities. Work with a limited budget to purchase supplies as needed.
- Art Docent Coordinator - Communicate with and support art docents with materials needed for classroom lessons following the curriculum or based on featured artists. Replenish supplies in Room 29 on a limited budget as necessary.
- BEF Liaison - Attend Benicia Education Foundation (BEF) Board meetings as the representative from Matthew Turner.
- Garden - Help to create a usable garden and quiet space. Limited boxes will be available after the renovation for planting. Please speak to your teacher about opportunities to grow plants in the boxes as a learning experience for students.
- Hospitality - Plan and set up food and drinks for Halloween morning, staff & teacher appreciation lunch and other events as budgeted for by PTA.
- Library Aides – work with librarian to help file books, inventory and organize.
- Picture Day Coordinator - assist with organizing (Receive complimentary picture package)
- Talent Show Committee and Chair - Traditionally held in the spring, the Talent Show features various MTE students sharing creativity and talents on stage for one night. A wide range of volunteers is needed to help with lighting, coordinating acts, judging and printing programs.
- Yearbook Committee and Chair - Ideally one volunteer for the lower grades (TK-2) and one volunteer for the upper grades (3-5) We encourage everyone to take & share pictures throughout the year and post to the Replay It App.
- International Night Committee - Assist with planning and executing the program for an evening celebrating the cultural and ethnic diversity of our school community.